Thursday, February 11, 2010

Uh-oh. We have a climber

Campbell learned a valuable lesson today.
I as putting up the dishes from breakfast and she was getting out her books from under the coffee table. We have a glasstop table with a raised shelf underneath...and there is maybe an 12-14 inch gap between shelf and the top. Apparently, she didn't want to get her books out--instead she wanted to get herself in with the books. She climbed up on the shelf and then got stuck. She couldn't get flat enough to get out and she couldn't turn around because she had her feet stuck under her.

I didn't get a picture because she was screaming so loud I just wanted to get her out. But I couldn't help from smiling at her...she just looked so worried and all I had to do was grab her little legs and straighten them out. :-). I am currently trying to figure out if it is a bad idea to tether a child to the ground.....I am not prepared for a climber.

No comments: