Thursday, October 9, 2008

12 week prenatal visit

Tuesday afternoon Kyle and I went to see Dr. Dawson (the ob/gyn). This visit started with the worst part....the weighing. Surprisingly, while I feel quite poofy in the midsection, I have only gained half a pound in my first trimester. That made me feel MUCH better. :-)

We heard the heartbeat for the first time on Tuesday. 163 beats per minute....apparently that is normal. It took a few tries to get the doppler in the right spot, but then we heard that little beat and it was magical!

We will post some pictures of the first trimester abdomen...not too impressive yet, just looks like I ate too many doughnuts at breakfast. Now that I am not disgusted by all things edible (morning sickness is over!) I may start eating more doughnuts anyway......

No comments: