Tuesday, February 24, 2009

32 week appointment--time is running out!

Today we had our 32 week check up. Everything is going really well. Apparently, the tension I have been feeling in my abdomen has been Braxton-Hicks, which is totally normal at this point. The doctor did my uterine measurements (as always) and I am measuring 32 cm which is exactly where I should be at this point. Can I just say that it is 1) very odd to know the length of my uterus and 2) very freakish that it is 32 cm......that's more like a femur than a uterus! We are at the point where we start going to the doctor every two weeks for a little while and then we pick up to every week. The time is flying by, and we are trying really hard to be productive at work and home to get everything ready for the new addition.

I passed my glucose tolerance test and today I had the anemia test. As far as I can tell, I am done giving blood to the vampires....seemed like every visit I was in there giving 2 vials of blood.

In other news, in the waiting room today, this woman announced to another lady that she was seeing Dr. Dawson (my doctor) and that he had induced her three friends a week before their due dates and she thought that he would probably do the same for her. What the Heck? I am not thinking that I want this to be over any sooner than nature wants it to be. I guess that might change as it gets closer, but I kind of think that I want to let this baby get completely cooked before she is born....call me a crazy hippy.

No comments: