Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tough noggin, I hope

For the last couple of weeks, CamySue has been getting more and more wiggly.  She scoots around on her belly and then turns in a circle to see what she wants.  I have been telling myself to prepare for the day when I can no longer lay her on my office arm chair to sleep (for anyone that has seen it, it is that lime green chair from our house in OH).  Well, today was the day that all my fears came true.  

Campbell was great all day.  I put her on her tummy to take her nap (she was already asleep and dreaming) and then I covered her with a little blanket.  I went about doing some statistics that I have been avoiding.  About 20 minutes later I hear a fabric-on-fabric noise (swish!) and a thunk.  I look around and the chair is empty.  Campbell is lying on her back on my office floor looking really confused and dazed.  Apparently, the renovations to the building included making the floors out of some ridiculously hard substance.  Anyway, she looked at me like "Why mommy?  why did you let me fall?" and then commenced to wailing.  I felt so bad I thought I would burst into tears.  She cried for a few minutes...and then fell asleep.  

It is now an hour later and I am worried that she has brain damage or a concussion or shaken baby syndrome or rickets or some other horrible injury because I tried to squeeze one more day out of the comfy office sleeping spot.  Ugh.  I hope her head is hard enough to take my mothering.  :-)

We are spending the weekend in New Orleans to attend a funeral with Kyle's family.  This is Camy Sue's first trip to the Big Easy, the first time she will meet most of Kyle's family and our first real road trip with the baby.  Wish us luck.  We'll post pictures next week.

No comments: