Friday, June 26, 2009

Oh lord. It finally happened.

I thought I would share this story as 1) a warning to anyone thinking of having children and 2) a reminder to all those that have kids that are past the diaper stage of how much they are missing.

This morning Campbell was hanging out in her swing while Kyle and I got ready for the day. I got out of the shower and got dressed and came out to pick her up. I checked her diaper...nothing. I gave her a bottle which seemed to go over quite well. Then she started "squirming" around on my lap and turning red in the face, a sure sign that there would be a present in her diaper. After a few minutes of squirming, I remembered that my sister told me they will sometimes give the babies something to push against if they are struggling. SO--I put my hand down and let her push her little feet against my hand. Not 10 seconds later....OH MY GOD! She pooped me! There was a terrible sound and then a cascade of poo running out her diaper and onto my lap, onto my leg, onto my shorts, onto my hands. It was everywhere.

I picked her up (from the poo sprinkled chair) and ran to the bathroom where Kyle was taking a shower. I couldn't even tell him what happened...he looked out from the shower curtain, burst into laughter and informed me that he wouldn't touch the baby. I was welcome to hold her while he sprayed her off, but he couldn't touch her. All the while, I am forming a drippy trail of poo drips on the tile. Ugh.

To get her clothes off, I got poo in her hair. To clean her butt took 5 wipes....plus the 2 that it took to clean her foot off after she put it in the overflowing diaper mess. This kid was giving me a run for my money! The best part was that she was giggling the whole time. So proud of herself. I was traumatized, she was ecstatic.

No surprise, she was hungry as soon as I got her cleaned up. I guess when you clean out your entire gastrointestinal tract at one time, it works up an appetite.

1 comment:

Eve said...

Ah. The joys of being a parent! One of my favorite baby nephew stories is when my Mom was holding him up to the bathroom mirror so he could see himself. Of course he was straight from the bath and naked. He then proceeded to have explosive diarrhea all over the front of my Mom. My sister and I were in hysterics and could do nothing to help my poor Mother...