Tuesday, April 7, 2009

38 weeks and 2 days...

We had a doctor's appointment today. Can I just add that the "internal exam" is the least delicate thing I can think of. Kyle joked that it was more like an oil check than a medical procedure....nice.

Stats as of today:
Weight gained: 24 lbs total (ugh...)
Baby size: normal (doctor's evaluation)
Progress toward delivery: dilated 1 cm and partially effaced
Babies likely to be born today: 0

The doctor set an induction date in the event that Baby Baumbauer is not real excited about being born. If I haven't gone into labor by the 23rd of April, then we will be checking into the hospital for induction. I'll stay overnight and then have the induction the next day (4/24). Given that I am pretty punctual (pause for laughter for anyone that knows me) I am fully confident that this baby will be here prior to that. :-). How's that for positive thinking?

Next appointment is on Tuesday the 14th.

No comments: