Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Craft project

At Christmas time, Kyle bought me the most original gift....a molding kit to make an impression of my belly. We finally broke out the kit and it was a little bit more difficult than we anticipated.....so we couldn't get the thing to harden even after an hour of sitting with this cold wet glop on my belly.

Take 2--we went to Walmart and got plaster of paris and gauze. We cut the gauze into strips long enough to go halfway around my torso (the front half) and then dipped each one into the plaster of paris. Made a few layers on my chest and belly and it looks FABULOUS! I can't wait to decorate it and put it up in the baby's room. I will post a picture later, right now it looks like half of a woman's body is lying in our hallway bathtub, but it has to "cure" for 24 hours at least. I didn't take any pictures of the process because no one needs to see a 39 week pregnant lady in short shorts and an old bikini top standing in the kitchen covered in plaster of paris....it just isn't necessary. :-)

On a baby note, I had some really uncomfortable Braxton-Hicks contractions last night while we were doing this project. I know it seems obvious since I am almost 40 weeks pregnant, but all signs point to us having a baby sometime in the very near future! Exciting!

No comments: