Thursday, April 30, 2009

Camy Sue--the first two weeks

My mom left on Saturday morning (the 25th) and we have been on our own ever since. Things are going well, but I am so grateful for the support of our friends while we are between family visits. Every night since we had Camy Sue, someone has come over with dinner and has visited with us, held the baby, and just made us feel like we aren't losing touch. I am pretty sure the food is a bribe to keep us busy while everyone gets individual time with the baby....even folks that are not in love with every baby they see seem to be mesmerized by our little one. I do have to say that she is freaking adorable...and I am one of those people that doesn't love babies just for the sake of loving babies. Camy Sue is already showing signs of looking like our family members. She has some major Zahn influence (Kyle's mom's side of the family) and often looks just like her Auntie Jan. She seems to have my nose, although who can tell at this stage. Her mouth looks so much like my sister that it makes me laugh sometimes....this is also the mouth from my paternal grandfather. We can't tell what color her eyes will be, but Kyle and I could be carrying around some recessive genes for light eyes so it is anyone's guess what the final color will be.

Here are some pictures we took around the house. The flower pictures were taken by me...but the flowers are from the beautiful bouquet that my college friends sent. Thanks Kelly, Amber, Jess, and Lindsay! The flowers brightened up my day when I felt totally out of it.
Enjoy...we certainly are!

"Dad, stop it! I am sleeping!"

"What part of sleeping don't you understand?"

Tender baby pictures taken by mom. I have no photographic talent...she is just this freaking cute. :-)

No comments: